Sunday 6 April 2014

Who are you Living for?


“Listen to me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear not the reproach of man, nor be dismayed at their revilings.”-Isaiah 51:7

Today, in our society, a lot of people depend on the opinion and approval of others. We dress for others, we act for others and if it’s not what they want, we change whatever we are doing to please them. 

With Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (social media in general) it’s very easy to fall under the pressure of others. 

I think the reason why we seek the opinion of others is because as humans, we want to be accepted and loved by others. However Jesus said in his word that we are not of this world. Since we are not of this world we shouldn't be like it and we shouldn't try to fit in but to stand out. We are his children.

It honestly doesn’t matter what other people think about you, because believe me when I say that what God thinks or says about you is far greater then what they will say about you.
If they aren’t saying something positive about you or lifting you up with their words, then don't even bother listening.

Ask yourself this question, who am I living for?

“For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.”-Galatians 1:10

Whatever you are doing, as long as it pleases the Lord and makes you happy that’s all that matters. Don't let anyone stand in your way of doing what you love. You are living your life not theirs. They have their own life to live.

The only person who has a say in your life is God. He controls it.

“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,”-Colossians 3:23

5 comments:

  1. <3 great reminder

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! i really needed to read this today! thanks for posting!! much love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Everybody, check out my blog! violetsweetpeas.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. This is me, I just changed my name. I just wanted to let you know that my blog no longer exists.

      Delete

Feel free to comment! :)

-Annie