Sunday 2 March 2014

Drifting Away: Coming back to Him



“They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.” – Lamentations 3:23

I really wanted to take my time with this one, because I want you to understand this subject. It’s a very important topic. Let’s get started!
Have you ever drawn apart from God? Did you ever lose sight of him? I’m sure a lot of us have. Now, have you ever drifted away, and then thought: If I go back he will never forgive me? I’m sure he hates me? That’s nothing but a lie that Satan wants you to believe.

  "I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.” – Jeremiah 24:7

But why do we think this way? It’s because, we don’t feel worthy enough to receive his forgiveness. Well, I’m here to tell you that God loves you so much that he sent Jesus to die on the cross for your sins. Jesus who did no sin, died in your place. His love is unconditional.

“Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.”  Psalm 100: 4-5

He could never hate us. He loves us so much too ever let us go. We are his children and he is our father.

“Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.” – Psalm 9:10

God forgets your past. Your past doesn’t define you. We are not perfect. We are only human and God knows that. He doesn’t expect us to be perfect. We make mistakes. God still loves us no matter what.  
He will remain faithful even if you are far away from him.
“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 3:13-14

He is kind, gentle and just. When you come back to him, he won’t point a finger, he won’t judge, he will just love you. His love is unfailing. He will give you peace and restore your strength.

No matter where you are right now, it’s never too late to run back into his arms of love.

“Your sins were like a big cloud,
    but I wiped them all away.
Your sins are gone,
    like a cloud that disappeared into thin air.
I rescued and protected you,
    so come back to me.” – Isaiah 44:22

8 comments:

  1. So turn aound your not to far
    to back away be who you are
    to change your path, go another way.
    its not too late you can be saved.
    If you feel depressed with past regrets,
    the shameful nights hope to forget,
    can disapear, they can all be washed away...
    By the One whos strong, can right your wrongs,
    can rid your fears, dry all your tears,
    and change the way you look at this big world.
    He will take your dark distorted view, and with His light he will show you truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, God is GOOD! I love you JESUS! great blog! keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is true! This is a really good blog post! May god Bless you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I wish I had read this sooner. It describes what I went through less than a month ago. Thanks for making me read this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said :-) Grace is a fundamental principle that can be left out sometimes. You have illustrated His grace, love, and acceptance well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I just love this post! Lamentations 3:23 is one of my favorite verses. :)

    Ty
    life-of-ty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! :)

-Annie