Sunday 29 December 2013

New Year, New Beginnings: Reflecting on this past year


"What can I offer the Lord
    for all he has done for me?" Psalm 116:12



As we go into the New Year, I would just like to take the time to reflect and share with you one of the many things God blessed me with. I mean looking back on this year and seeing from where I was and where I am today, it’s a big difference. I remember being sad all the time and just not being happy with who I was. I used to cry all the time. I used to always thing negatively and I focused on all the “What ifs” and I was just in a dark place. Eventually, I cried out to God and I told him that I was tired of feeling this way and I wanted to change. Of course he heard my cry but he didn’t change my situation right away. No. He was trying to tell me something. He was trying to teach me something.  He was trying to say that without him I can do nothing, but with him I can do all things. I needed him.  Through time, he replaced all those negative thoughts with positive ones and he gave me peace. He rescued me. Now, because of that stage in my life I am closer to the Lord than I ever was before. He makes me complete and I don’t know what I would do without him.  I am also happier and more positive then I was.  So now looking back on this, it really was a blessing to go thought this. It may not have looked like a blessing while I was going through that hard time, but coming out of it, it was. Because I am stronger in my faith .To finish, I would just like to tell you all that whatever you are going through, it does get better. Trust me. I know because I experienced it. So, just reflecting on this really shows me how far I’ve come and how awesome God is. He was with me every step of the way and still is.
God allows us to have struggles so that He can be glorified. The purpose of the trial is to give us more patience, draw us closer to God and for us to have greater endurance. So when we have trials we should count it all as joy, because struggles draw us closer to Christ. 
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,  for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1: 2-4

I can’t wait to see what new things God has in store for me in 2014.
I hope you have a happy New Year!

God bless!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME blog! Cant wait for the next post! Love all the bible references! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    This is Noelle from the Project Inspired chat room :) I absolutely love your blog! You're so encouraging!! And I love this post! Something I think all of us need to hear!
    Smiles,
    Noelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly how I feel after I've gone through a struggle! Recently I've been through a lot and at the time it was incredibly difficult. My best friend died, I had problems getting into college and then there was boy trouble on top of that. But as it was clearing up I thanked God for being there and for making me stronger, I felt so blessed to go through all that pain.

    Thank you for sharing this and being an inspiration, Annie!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! :)

-Annie