Wednesday 6 August 2014

"This Is Now"


Her body shivered at the thought of it. Her mind couldn't be at peace with it. She was on this crazy road called life, but she couldn't see what was coming ahead. The path ahead seemed blurry and unknown. She did not know what the future held. A voice in her head said: "Why are you afraid? I'm already in your future. I know the plans I have for you. Everything seems confusing right now but it will make sense in time. Why are you worrying about the future when you are meant to live for the present? Live in me today. Trust me. I know what I'm doing."
She thought about this. Indeed, the voice was right. She didn't have to worry about the future because it isn't here yet. She just had to take one day at a time. The future may seem scary but she had to trust the voice and understand that he has her best interest at heart. He wants the best for her. It's okay if she doesn't have everything figured out.
She shouldn't have to worry about tomorrow. "This is now" said the voice.

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time."

I may not know what the future holds, but I do know who holds the future.
You don't have to have everything figured out. You don't have to know all the details.
its not up to us to know everything. God knows everything. God knows the details.
We just have to trust him. The future may seem scary and I don't blame you if you are scared. Its the unknown. But we do know that He is good and all knowing. He will do what is best for us. We don't have to worry about the future when we put our trust in Him. The future is still a mystery.
Live for now. Live for the present.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on this, Annie! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this post is awesome!!! Keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! :)

-Annie